Features of Net2Phone
Net2Phone is based upon the concept of virtual phone service (POTS). In simple terms, it is an IP telephony system that offers fixed lines and digital telephone connections. Net2Phone offers VoIP and internet-based telephone services and products. The business is a division of IDT Corporation. The product has been rated as one of the best telephony systems in the market and is gaining more popularity amongst business organizations. Net2Phone features include:
– voicemail. This feature allows you to store voice messages that can be reviewed later. Voicemail can also be sent to an email address. If voicemail is available, the sender does not need to access the net or have Internet access. This allows employees to work while away from the workplace.
– Call detail reports (CDR). A CDR lets users analyze their calls. This feature gives details on the number of minutes, total transferred calls, transferred numbers and transfer time. With this feature, it is easier to track and monitor call records. This feature is available with all Net devices.
– Call forwarding. This feature directs all outgoing calls to a specified number. It is particularly useful for toll-free and other STD-based calls. Calls that are directed to a toll free number are always free. However, calls that are non-free can be charged at a reduced rate. If your plan has unlimited calling, this feature will help you save on international calls and long distance calls.
– Block callers. You can block up to 5 anonymous callers from accessing your phone. Blocking calls can prevent unwanted callers from interrupting you during important meetings or interviews. This feature is available with all plans.
– VoIP call conferencing. Net devices have VoIP capabilities. Some phones come with a conference function that allows you to hold a conference call over the phone. With conference call conferencing, it is possible to contact several people through the net without having to use other technologies such as web cam or conferencing services.
– Call forwarding and call waiting. You can set up to five call forwarding and call waiting services. The number of calls forwarded and waited on can be increased or decreased as per your requirements. This feature improves the efficiency of your business by reducing wastage of valuable employee time. It also improves your productivity by freeing your staff for more important tasks. This is available with all plans.
– Anonymous call forwarding. Anonymous call forwarding allows you to block any particular person or number. All calls made to this number will go to voicemail box. This feature is also available with all net2phone plans.
– Blacklisting. Blacklisting is done with the help of a filter. The user is able to enter a list of numbers or names and then the blocked ones will not receive phone calls from the net2phone. This feature helps you protect your staff against pranksters and other undesirables.
– VoIP monitoring. You can keep a record of the calls that are going in and out of your net device. This helps you to check the performance of your network. You can also monitor the bandwidth of your net connection. If you find any increase, you can optimize your service accordingly.
– Messaging. Net devices support unified messaging (UM). This is a text-based mode of chatting for VOIP phones. Net devices also allow you to send and receive voice messages. There is a built-in mechanism for video chat and voice conferencing.
– Networking features. In order to use the net2phone service, you need to be connected to the internet. Thus, your net connection acts as your router. Apart from that, networking through net2phone will help you connect to a class B cellular phone service. You can also talk to your friends through it if they have this kind of phone.
These are just some of the new phone features that your net phone system should offer you. Check out the new review site for more information on net phone systems. Check out for price range, speed, compatibility with your netbook, required software and downloading features of a particular phone system. Make sure that you have the right plan in place before you buy net phone system.