Weebly Website Builder Features
Weebly is a very powerful website builder, it currently powers more than 30 million sites and allows you to easily build your site with components like Text, graphics, videos and maps with just a simple drag and drop interface. While the scope of this review will focus on Weebly’s main features, will quickly outline the different additional features that it provides:
– WordPress-powered and fully featured blogging apps: You can integrate Weebly’s blogging platform with your own blog platform. The Weebly blog engine includes WordPress-specific features like custom widgets, drag and drop website builder modules, theme integration, SEO and PPC optimization options, a shop page and a shopping cart. Additionally, you will receive the standard WordPress theme along with many add-ons, themes and plugins. You can also import and activate Weebly’s premium Shop Pages and CPA and Joomla plugins to enhance both ecommerce functionality and SEO.
– WordPress-powered editing and publishing apps: You can publish your Weebly blog posts using popular WordPress engines like WordPress and Blogger. You can also publish your Weebly posts to your WordPress-powered regular WordPress blog. Additionally, you can import and activate many Weebly-inspired WordPress themes, static templates and customizer settings from the WordPress gallery and import them into your Weebly website builder for a hassle-free editing experience. You can also import your own content into Weebly CMS. The Weebly editor has a very similar user interface to that of some of the industry’s leading content management systems, making it easy to manage, publish and edit your website’s content from just one location.
– Secure Weebly apps: You can access the backend security features of the Weebly app marketplace through the secure Weebly Portal. You are not required to download and install additional plug-ins or applications to enhance your Weebly experience, as all functionality is provided through the Weebly web portal. You are also able to develop, publish and distribute all your apps through the Weebly app market. This functionality is supported through the use of Weebly’s inbuilt browser, which allows users to access the marketplace from any browser.
– Weebly blogs integration: You can integrate your Weebly blog directly to your WordPress blog. The Weebly website builder comes with pre-installed Weebly plugins to assist in this process. It offers seamless integration between your blogs and your website. Additionally, it provides seamless integration between your Weebly blogs and the Weebly CMS.
– Customizable website builder: You have various customization options for the widgets and themes that comprise the Weebly site building app. You can easily change the widgets and theme options to fit your needs. This feature is supported by the Weebly blog tools and CMS. You are also able to add and remove your own widgets and theme options.
– Widget and template engine optimization: You can optimize your Weebly website for the search engines. You can add and disable Google and Bing integration, and tweak the appearance and functionality of the basic editor to better suit the overall look and feel of your website. The website editor has a simplified design that is easy to use. You can drag-and-drop widgets and themes from the Weebly widget gallery. You can also replace Weebly default layouts with your own custom designs. This functionality is supported through the Weebly built-in code editor.
– Support for all major browsers: This is one of the major advantages of using Weebly over other web hosting and design companies. You can use all the latest browsers without any compatibility issues. Moreover, you get the option to install plug-ins and extensions for additional functionality. This is supported by both the web hosting Weebly company as well as the software development Weebly Apps for Weebly Website Builder. You can still get the full features of a mobile web browser or mobile phone application through the Weebly Widget Gallery.